Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Katy Perry Goes Glam for Harper's Bazaar


Katy Perry is living in color (as always) and looking gorgeous in the October issue of Harper's Bazaar magazine. There's something about this cover, particularly with the off the shoulder Schiaparelli haute couture dress and wavy hair that makes this shoot look glamorous and old Hollywood. She shared with the magazine her take on having children, how she meets dates, and spending time with family.




Just like any celebrity, Katy Perry has to tackle those inevitable questions about her dating life and when she plans to have children. The singer definitely gets candid in many of her responses but gives insight that many women (especially those with demanding careers) could relate to. 

She also talks about important issues she's learned while going to therapy, such as having self-love first, before giving love to someone else. When it comes to her dating life, many women can relate to her method. Oh, and she wants the media to stay out of her ovaries! Keep reading for some of her honest quotes.


On therapy
“What I’ve learned is that if you don’t have the foundation of self-love first, you really have nowhere to pull love from to give it away. I had to learn about taking care of myself before I could take care of others. I want to mommy everyone. I want to take care of them. I want to save them, and I forget myself in the meantime. I learned that through therapy.” All of this self-help-speak is delivered suitably rat-tat-tat. “Oh,” she adds, laughing, “I have an oracle of a therapist.”


On spending time with family and how she meets guys
“I spent four days at home last week,” she says, whipping out an iPhone and showing off her equally giant-eyed five-month-old niece, Stella: “We need eye agents,” she quips. As for suitors: “Well, I’m not really on the street,” she says. “It’s usually just through friends of friends. We have a lot of dinner parties. I’m definitely not on Tinder, even though I joke about it. Sometimes I feel like a sense of humor does not translate into print.” 


On having babies
“When I do these interviews, a lot of these clips people pull out are like, ‘Katy Perry doesn’t want a man to have babies. I’m like, ‘I didn’t say that. I just said, I’m good.’ Why am I a baby machine? Why can’t I be a mogul? I want to have a baby, sure, but I want to have a career. I want to have a record label. I want to have an incredible tour. So I’m going to have all of those things. Let’s talk about that. It’s like, get out of my ovaries, okay? I’ll do it in time.”


On what she expects from dating as she approaches 30 
"As I’m heading into my 30s I have less time for bullshit. I look for the same characteristics: a sense of humor—someone who makes me laugh off the charts— someone who is sensitive, someone who loves and understands music, and who is really smart. A lot of times I’ve ended up with people who have been intimidated by me, unfortunately. They say they’re not, but it comes out in the long run. They’re threatened, or there’s resentment because they don’t know how to handle it.”

To read the entire interview, visit Harper's Bazaar.




No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...