Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Privy Ink: Labor Day Fun at Piedmont Park in Atlanta


Atlanta, GA is home for me and has been for the past 7 1/2 years. My resident anniversary is coming up this December, marking 8 years! If you've browsed my blog, you might have ran across a post ("NYC for a Southern Girl") I wrote about desiring a change in my life --preferably moving to a new city (either Los Angeles or New York). It's not that there's anything wrong with Atlanta, I'm just a little curious about what it's like to live in a bigger city. In the meantime, while I'm an Atlantan I enjoy everything that this awesome city has to offer.

For Labor Day, I didn't have any plans to do anything major, but I did want to try out my new gadget. My grandmother was in town this weekend and bought me a Canon DSLR camera. Talk about excitement for me! It's the one item I needed to enhance the content on this blog. While my grandmother was out thrifting (she's a lover of all things Thrift store & estate sales) I decided to haul tail to Piedmont Park for a day of relaxation, but also give myself the chance to take my camera for a test drive. I brought my unruly, insane pooch with me too--His name is Shadow and I'm obsessed with him. Lol 

Just so you know, I have absolutely NO photography skills at all, which I'm sure would be evident to any professional photographer looking at these photos. I'm definitely an amateur, outside of taking pics on my cracked screen iPhone (ugh!). Even though I'm a novice at using this high-power camera, I must say I was pretty impressed with how well the pictures turned out. 

For Shadow and my trip to the park, I packed a blanket, some doggie food and water for him, an apple (for me), and the new infamous camera. Piedmont Park is one of my FAVORITE places to go, especially with my dog. On any random day, you will see plenty of families, a game of flag football, bike riders, dog lovers, typical park activities. The best part of the park is seeing all the lush greenery that Atlanta is known for. The amount of trees around the park with some sunlight added to the mix makes the perfect backdrop. 

Keep scrolling to take a glance at some of the pictures I took and let me know what you think. 


My little terrorizer, Shadow!





It was a flip flop kind of day for me. I wore a pair of very uncomfortable shoes the day before. I learned my lesson for the next day!




The view from a bridge overlooking the Piedmont Park Demonstration Orchard which serves the purpose of educating the community--specifically children on gardening and best practices to know when gardening.





...more views from the garden.




The lady in the photo above--I saw her a few times around the park. I absolutely loved her vintage looking bicycle.


These four friends above were having such a good time. They were talking, laughing, and running after one another. I caught them in a more relaxing state. You could tell they really enjoyed  each other's company.







What did you do for Labor Day?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...