Saturday, July 26, 2014

A Work of Art and Closet Envy




Just when you thought your closet...looked like a closet and not a dumping site, you get slapped with closet heaven envy. I can't say this is realistic, but it's the epitome of a lovely dream and those stairs are the gates to Heaven.





Meet Theresa Roemer and her 3 story, 3,000 sq. foot closet. (You have permission to drop your jaws now!) Neiman Marcus featured the grandiose closet, which really could serve as a home. The self named "fundraiserer" explained that her closet doubles as a venue where she hosts many fundraising events and champagne parties. (Can I get an invite?) She talked about her love of fashion, shoes, handbags, and what some of her preferences are when it comes to style. 



Her display of Hermes Birkin handbags puts you in mind of an advertisement, but no, it's just her closet. During the interview, she was asked, "How long does does it take you to get ready every morning?", and she replied "45 minutes to get ready at any given time." 

What a surprise! I just knew someone with this many options would take a good two hours to get ready. Keep scrolling to see more pictures of her bigger than life closet and some of the quotes taken from Neimans.  




NM: Walk us through this amazing space.
TR: I planned it the way I dress. With it being a three-story space, I have my furs and hats on the third floor, and my shoes, clothes and vanity on the second floor (which is also where I get my hair and makeup done, where the champagne bar is and where I ultimately think about the look I’m going for. And finally, the first floor is where I keep my jewelry and my handbags; those are the last pieces I put on to finalize any outfit.




NM: Do you have particular favorites in your closet?
TR: I have to say, my favorite designer handbags are Hermes. I have over 60 Birkins, even though I love Chanel, Fendi and Dior bags. As far as shoes, it always comes down to Christian Louboutin; I can’t get enough of them! I actually have a pair on right now.
NM: Who, besides yourself, has access to the closet?
TR: My daughter always says that she doesn’t need to go to the store; she can just shop my closet! And of course I do let a few, very special friends borrow my Birkin bags.


NM: What about flat shoes?
TR: The only time you catch me in a flat is in my running shoes when I’m exercising. In the summertime, it’s always cute to put on a summer dress with a pair of flat Tory Burch shoes, but I’m a high-heels girl.


NM: Do you have a favorite scent, or do you mix fragrances?
TR: My personal fragrance would have to be Portrait of a Lady from Frederic Malle. I actually met him a while ago at a luncheon, and he sprayed the fragrance on me and said, “This is your perfume.” So that was it!


NM: You have an amazing jewelry collection. Are these gifts from your husband, or do you buy your own jewelry?
TR: Oh, besides my wedding ring and special occasion pieces, I buy all of my jewelry.
NM: What is your most extravagant piece of jewelry?
TR: Antique ceremonial contract bracelets that were used for marriage ceremonies in the Indian culture. They belonged to my husband’s mother and were gifted to me by my father-in-law.
How many people can say they have a spiral stair case in their closet? Just in case you needed another dose of induced envy, take a look at the last picture below. 




No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...