Thursday, July 24, 2014

Pristine, Clean Cooking

If someone asked me 5 years ago what style kitchen cabinets I prefer, I would have pointed them to something similar to what you see above. And honestly, I can say my taste hasn't diverted too far from that. There's something about dark cabinets that look so rich, especially when paired against a stark white.

Now if you asked me if I love white cabinets 5 years ago, I would have glanced at you with a look of disgust and said "Uh NO!!" But then again I was younger :( and a lot of my taste has changed when it comes to what I'm looking for in a home. Now that white has grown on me, I have begun to appreciate the clean, crisp look.


About a month or so ago, I had a chat with one of my very close friends that's interested in redoing her kitchen. She recently purchased a home she's in love with, but the kitchen needs some work. Well, a friend of hers worked with a contractor to redesign her kitchen and my friend from that day fell in love with white cabinetry. 

She gave me the sensational task of browsing for pictures of white kitchens that she could get inspired by and possibly use as a reference when she decides to begin renovations. Oh. Man. Why did she give me this dreadful task (sarcasm)?!? I was too excited to get busy, which is the reason why I'm sure she asked me. I probably sent her a total of 20 pictures. Out of those that I picked, I decided to share on my blog what I came across, and those that were my fave!!! No it was not an easy task....


Exhibit A!! How can anyone not look at this gorgeous contemporary kitchen and not want to entertain family and friends, while cooking up a good meal. (Not that I'm the best cook!!) There are so many beautiful details that mesh well in this kitchen. For starters, you can't go wrong with subway tile as a back splash. It instantly adds style and is timeless. The colors from the marble counter tops add the perfect flair to balance with the color of the stools.


Although this kitchen is small, it has some very special details. I'm completely obsessed with homes that have wooden beams on the ceiling. Usually they're found in living areas and family rooms, but its nice to see it added to a kitchen. I love the vintage style refrigerator!! It gives this kitchen a nice traditional, but retro feel. 


Talk about white, white!! Although this would not be my first choice, there's something about this kitchen that looks very simple, but clean. This is definitely for the modern lovers! 


The kitchen below is for the neat freaks that refuse to let anything get out of place. It's bright and airy, but not a speck can be spotted or it will definitely show up against this pallet.



Just when you think white can be too plain, you can switch it up by adding even more wood. How awesome is the picture above and its wooden island and the one below with the wooden ceiling?!? Against all that white, the wood adds some warmth and gives both kitchens a rustic feel.






You can always throw a curve ball or add the unexpected to a white kitchen. Patterned wall paper gives this one some style and the bar stools are just a fabulous way to add some pop!!



Adding wallpaper and colored seating isn't the only way to marry white with vibrant colors. The picture above is what I really wanted my friend to look at. She's daring and loves color so I can see her stepping out of the norm and going for colored appliances. How awesome is that stove and hood in that royal blue? It just livens the place up a bit and adds a lot of personality.

What colors do you love in a kitchen? Is white your go-to color scheme or is the thought of keeping a space super clean a bit daunting for you?  


Photo Source: Houzz.com










No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...