Thursday, August 28, 2014

Beyonce Covers CR Fashion Book No. 5

Depending on who you ask, Beyonce is either having the best week ever or the worst. With people attacking her daughter's hair, her father and former manager Matthew speaking on "Elevatorgate", and critics accusing Beyonce and Jay Z of being on the brink of divorce, it's not hard to assume she's had a rough week. But with a successful and history making MTV VMA performance and receiving the Michael Jackson Vanguard Award, she's probably somewhere smiling. Just in Queen Bey fashion, she adds another feat to her list of accomplishments; Mrs. Knowles-Carter is the cover girl for the CR Fashion Book issue no. 5.


Beyonce is reminding us why she's the Queen of music and magazine covers. CR Fashion  was keeping things hush hush and giving hints of who their cover girl would be, before revealing it was Queen Bey. 

The pop star teamed with French Vogue Editor Carine Roitfeld for the first time and donned looks from Prada, Saint Laurent, and Givenchy. On the cover, she's wearing a cape by Yohji Yamamoto. Putting his creative vision to work, Givenchy's creative director, Riccardo Tisci styled the shoot and I must say he did a fabulous job, especially the pose with the trench coat. She looks amazing!

Bey gave a shout out to her single "Drunk in Love" by posing with a Chanel "surfbort" (surfboard). She also dedicated a few words to her daughter and late grandmother, by calling them her muse...

“It’s my daughter, she’s my biggest muse.
There’s someone, we all find out soon,
more important than ourselves to lose.

I feel a deep bond with young children–
all those photos in my dressing room–
especially those who’ve been stricken,

children I’ve met across the years–
they uplift me like pieces of moon,
and guide me, whispering in my ear.

I’m tuned to spirits, the emotions of others.
And I feel her presence all the time
though I never met my grandmother.

I learned at a very young age,
when I need to tap some extra strength,
to put my persona, Sasha, on stage.

Though we’re different as blue and red,
I’m not afraid to draw from her
in performance, rifts, even in bed.”



Check the rest of the pictures below.











No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...