Sunday, August 10, 2014

Olivia Wilde Covers Glamour Magazine


Actress Olivia Wilde is on the September cover of  Glamour magazine.  Wearing a Lanvin dress and Dior earrings, the new mom talks about her engagement to fiancé Jason Sudeikis, starting off in Hollywood, and also takes a page from Gisele on being photographed while breastfeeding.




On whether she worried it would be hard to be a working mother:
"No, because of the example of my mom. My mom is such a badass working mother. That inspired me when I was pregnant. I wasn't going to sacrifice myself because I was becoming a mother."


On somes roles being the wrong fit:
"I felt that I had been cast in films that, though I was very excited to be a part of, didn't feel that they were actually the right roles for me. I felt like I was almost a fraud -- like I somehow had become a kind of pinup version of myself."



Olivia on why it feels natural to be photographed while breast-feeding Otis...
"Being shot with Otis is so perfect because any portrait of me right now isn't complete without my identity as a mother being a part of that. Breast-feeding is the most natural thing. I don't know, now it feels like Otis should always be on my breast. It felt like we were capturing that multifaceted woman we've been discussing-- that we know we can be. You can be someone who is at once maternal and professional and sexy and self-possessed. But I mean, I certainly don't really look like that when I'm typically breast-feeding. And there's usually a diaper involved."


Olivia on whether she and fiancé Jason Sudeikis are getting married:
"We're engaged, but no specific plans yet -- we just have to find the time to put it together. In many ways, a child is more of a commitment. We are fully committed and really happy as a family. And there's no definition of the 'normal family' anymore. Kids today are growing up with so many different definitions of family. I guess what I'm saying is that I don't feel any pressure to do it. But I think it will be really fun."

The issue hits newsstands August 12th.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...