Sunday, August 10, 2014

Jessica Alba Talks with GQ about Confidence, Returning to "Sin City", and Eminem

Jessica Alba is on a roll when it comes to magazine spreads. Last week, I posted pictures from her Cosmo's Turkey magazine. I can't keep up with all of her spreads, but luckily they are amazing and easy to look at!!





Similar to the photos from her Cosmo shoot, she's giving us plenty of sexy and showing her glowing skin. This time she's wearing a variety of swimsuits that I would love to get my hands on...who cares that we're entering into Fall territory!

Jessica talks with the mag about appreciating her figure, what men should be wearing this season, and how she felt when Eminem called her his "wife to be".

P.S. She's married of course.



GQ: The last time you spoke to GQ, you said having children had ruined your figure, but we beg to differ.
Jessica Alba: I didn't say it ruined my figure! I said my body is different. I said I'm perfectly happy with my body, even more happy now than I was then.

You're not planning to cover up just yet then?
No, because I have to enhance what I like about my body and my stomach is good. My legs I'm not as excited about all the time, but I wouldn't cover up my stomach. That's what women do. Enhance what we've got.



Where do you stand on the big sartorial question of the summer for men. Namely board shorts or budgie smugglers? You know what we're talking about...
Yes, I have heard that term before [laughs]. That's really funny. I like the board shorts, but I like the shorter board shorts that show off the legs. They should be mid-thigh.

What should men not do fashion-wise in the summer?
Wear clothes that are too tight. Bathing suits that are too tight and small T-shirts, and I'm not a fan of studs or tattoo prints on T-shirts or trousers. I like a skinny jean, but I just think tight board shorts are weird.




You're back as dancer Nancy Callahan in the Sin City sequel. The scene of yours I remember best from the original was when you were dancing on stage with the lasso. How did you learn those lasso skills?
One of the transport guys was a cowboy and he brought his to work and he showed me how to do it in a parking lot before I went on stage. It's not terribly easy but it's not the hardest thing in the world.

Do you have any similarly memorable scenes this time round?
More memorable. There's more of me and I do more than I did in the first one. I have a bit more of a character arc in this one. There's more dancing, but the dancing's really connected to the story. Nancy's a bit of an alcoholic and a bit of a mess and she's depressed and angry. The dances in the movie reflects where she's at.

How does it feel going back to the role, almost ten years on and a mother of two?
I feel much more grounded, much more comfortable, much more saucy. Then I was a girl, I was timid, I was afraid, I was so insecure and now I'm a woman and it's different.

Judging by his lyrics, Eminem seems to have a thing about you. There's the D12 lyric, "Yesterday Kuniva tried to pull a knife on me/Cause I told him Jessica Alba's my wife to be"? Then in "We Made You" he says, "Jessica Alba put a breast in my mouth". Have you met him?
I have met him. We're not friends, but he's very nice. He's a really talented songwriter and rapper. I listen to his radio station, Shade 45, all the time.

You're not offended?
He wasn't saying anything bad. I'm part of the millennial generation. I don't think we let things like that upset us.

To read more from her interview, visit GQ's website.














No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...