Sunday, August 10, 2014

Front Door Pop!!

Here's something to brighten your Sunday! As a renter of an older, but beautiful multi-level condo, I love mostly everything about my place. Usually renters do not have the luxury of making changes to their home. 

In my community, it's standard for everyone to have a forest green colored door. If you own your home or if you are a renter that has the freedom to experiment with your property, this post will certainly inspire you to pull out your paint cans! On the flip side, some home owners will not have the luxury to make changes because of home owner's associations. You can still look and admire though...




When it comes to painting our home, we immediately think about the interior. 
What color do we want our living room walls to be? What shade do we want to use for our bathroom? What color will inspire me to cook in my kitchen? (I need all the inspiration I can get.)

Imagine adding a pop of color to the exterior of your home to add some pizzazz and character. Not only will it brighten your mood every day when you drive up, but it will impress your guests when they arrive and your neighbors as they drive by. Keep scrolling to see some of the door colors I love!



There's so much I love about this living room. I'm a sucker for stripes so this instantly could be a decor choice for me...but my eye was instantly drawn to the yellow door. How often do you see the door painted in the inside of the house? Usually it's white or some other neutral color that doesn't stand out. This adds to the design of the space and meshes well with the other colors in the room. Any color against stripes look great, in my opinion.

Yellow isn't one of my favorite colors, but the shade on the door below, I absolutely love.




Painting the exterior door of your home can add a few things that you will benefit from:

  1. Color can boost your mood. Depending on the color you choose, yellow typically makes people feel cheerful and happy. A soft blue, is tranquil and can instantly calm you. Like I mentioned above, pulling up to your home and seeing your favorite color can give you a sense of comfort, but also gives your exterior a lift.
  2. If your house is up for sale, the last thing buyers want to see is a dingy, outdated door. Adding a fresh coat of paint will make your home look inviting. Future buyers will be curious to see what else the home has to offer. Your curb appeal will be through the roof! 
  3. If your house is missing a certain something, adding color to the outside could do the trick.
  4. Updating your home could cost a lot of cash, but this DIY project would only consist of buying a can of paint and some supplies.
  5. This can be a fun project that you do on a Saturday or Sunday and it won't take the whole day. 

















Have you ever painted your front door? What tips can you share?


No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...