Thursday, August 28, 2014

Kristen Stewart Talks Her Media Persona and Living in the Spotlight


Kristen Stewart is the opposite of most Hollywood actresses. She hates red carpets, loathes at fame, and has an "I can care less" attitude. If any other actress adopted this type of mind-set, she would've been blackballed from Hollywood years ago; But this "rebel" demeanor works entirely for Kristen -- And she never apologizes for it. Take a look inside to see what she shared with French Vanity Fair magazine. 



Kristen is not one to shy away from her opinion on the media. When it comes to the attention she gets from being famous, you can consider her the Kanye West of anti-papparazi, just not as assertive. Here's what she had to say...

On the media and how she separates herself from it: "I completely agree that all of this media stuff, if you're involved in it, can't really touch you physically, and it shouldn't affect you and all that. Yet it does technically affect your life. Obviously in the best ways imaginable. In dreamlike ways it affects your life. But from anyone's perspective it is nuts and it should totally be acknowledged."

On creating her own media persona: "I never really thought of anything in terms of designing a career. I never tried to shape people's perspectives of me, which is something that a lot of people do. There are certain actors and artists who want to be a certain kind of actor or certain kind of artist, and I'm really not like that . . . Therefore true regret can never eat at me."
On vicious rumors: "I don't want to add to this already pre-existing, enormous mound of salacious bullsh*t that isn't real. That's not me defending anything. That's true. Just being in the middle of it it's weird to comment on it. But I feel oddly capable of stepping outside and going, 'Isn't it obvious to everyone?'"
On having her life in the spotlight: "It's like a soap opera. I try not to let it mess with me, because my true personal life, as much as people think they know about it, they don't know dick sh*t. Who could?"
On knowing, in the greater sense of the word: "By the way nobody knows. Nobody knows what the f*ck is going on. You're going to die. You're going to lay next to the people that you know the most in life, the people that you're going to grow old with. But you're going to lay next to them in the middle of the night deeply curious about them and who they are, because nobody f*cking knows anything."
On how she brings herself back to where she's been: "If I pick up a backpack that I had on a certain movie, but I haven't used since, I can smell the place and I can smell the set. I can literally smell all of the things that went into that experience."
On the end of the Twilight era: "I may have said when I was in the thick of it that it wasn't going to last forever. It will calm down. But I didn't really believe it. [Laughter] I thought it might just last forever. Now it seems so far away. We are only two or three years out and I am fully, fully, fully at the bottom of that massive flight of stairs. I'm out of the building."


No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...