Monday, August 4, 2014

Teen Vogue's Cover Girl Kendall Jenner Continues to Prove Herself

Kendall Jenner Teen Vogue September 2014 Issue

Kendall Jenner is taking her modeling career very seriously these days, and with good reason. There isn't a picture yet, she hasn't owned! Recently she talked about distancing herself from the Kardashian name so that she can be taken seriously as a model.

Being new to the industry, she wanted to be noticed for hard work and not because her family has built an empire beforehand. Check out more pictures inside that will make you long for your teen years... (Or is it just me?)





Kendall Jenner Teen Vogue September 2014 Issue

Well talk about fashion mobbin!! Kendall is stepping it up a notch and snatching fashion campaigns and magazines left and right. It doesn't come easy, as she talks about how being apart of the Kardashian brand made her work even harder for what she's accomplished...

"People didn't want to take a chance on me, I think because I was sort of known. They were a little bit on the fence about it. Some people might think that what I've done before made it easier for me to get jobs, but it was actually a disadvantage. I had to work even harder."

In the September issue of Teen Vogue, she's rocking several looks, including thickly braided cornrows, bold graphic prints, and military inspired looks. 

As a teenager living in Columbia, SC, I remember looking forward to my magazine subscriptions every month, with Teen Vogue, Seventeen, YM, and Right On being some of my favorites. This spread reminds me just how fun fashion can be when you're young and how much you can get away with. 

Kendall talks about getting into modeling at a young age, how her sister Kylie can put any outfit together, and her not so existent love life...


Kendall Jenner Teen Vogue September 2014 Issue

"I wanted to get started, but I was young, and I wanted to do young things," Kendall says. "I had to grow into myself. I couldn't really go out there as a 15-year-old. I mean, I know that some girls do, but I couldn't. I'd grown up in the spotlight, and I needed to be a kid for a minute."


Kendall Jenner Teen Vogue September 2014 Issue

"I don't have a romantic life at the moment, so traveling doesn't bother me at all. But I do want to go home. When I was young, I was the kid who would call my dad from a slumber party to beg him to come pick me up."

"My little sister Kylie puts an amazing outfit together every day, and it just works for her," Kendall says. "For me, it's more like jeans, boots, maybe a jacket. Sometimes I get caught in my sweats."

To see more photos, as well as behind the scene footage and pictures, visit Teen Vogue


No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...