Monday, August 18, 2014

Decor Envy: Graphic Print Rugs


 

When I started decorating my current home (like a real adult), I realized that rugs have...adult prices. You can say I had a sticker shock moment!! I immediately called my mom and she said to me, "You didn't know rugs can be expensive?" No mom!!

Of course in my 20s I never thought to invest in a good quality area rug. (Needless to say, I still haven't. Shrugs) There are so many rugs to choose from, but for this post I wanted to look into graphic prints. I'm a sucker for any type of print, and so naturally I gravitate to colors, lines, shapes and abstract themes. Let's take a look at some of the rugs I stumbled on and how graphic prints can brighten any room...




Prints certainly aren't for everyone's taste, but in my opinion they can be incorporated with several styles. Naturally someone with more of a contemporary (like the photo above), eclectic, and modern style would happily pick out a printed rug. Prints instantly turn a room into a fun, vibrant, and stylish space.



And when it comes to traditional style, like this photo to the right, prints can make a statement without it looking deliberately planned. 






Here's a few things to consider when going for a bold, printed rug:

  1. Go forth and do, when it comes to mixing prints!! We mix prints with our clothes and it can be just as exciting when it comes to your decor. The two living room settings above mixed prints very well!
  2. Rugs can take up a good bit of your area, so mix prints in small doses. Too many can make your decor clash and look a bit fussy. 
  3. Matchy matchy is great, but don't worry about matching everything in your room to the colors in your rug. Have a little fun experimenting with colors that aren't in your color palette to add some pop.
  4. Mix shapes!! The area rug above has artistic lines, while the pillows on the love seat have diamonds. Using different shapes will make things look more interesting. 
  5. You can still keep things chic and simple, by sticking to a neutral look and feel. The rug will do all the talking you need! (If you're a keep it safe type of person.)



Take a look below at some of the graphic print designs I love!!!

Aerugo Area Rug - $1299



Hand Tufted Geometric Pattern Gold/Grey Polyester Area Rug - $124.99





Safavieh Hand-woven Montauk Ivory/Orange Cotton Rug - $91.99


Mohawk Ziggidy Multi Rug - $108.29



Dagwood Area Rug - $299



Canvas Area Rug - Prices vary

Canvas Area Rug - Prices vary

Fain Area Rug - $599





Photos courtesy of Houzz. Rug photos are linked to their store's website.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...